Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Saturday 28 September 2013

Rhodes Youth Forum; Day One

100 proactive young people have been brought together from all over the world by theYouth Time organisation based in Prague and Moscow. The journalists; one Dane, one Frenchman, one Russian and I are being ably looked after by Anna Kasimovskaya and her colleagues here and in Moscow. I have identified my target interviewees but the correspondent from L'Opinion and I are both intrigued by and interested in interviewing Vladimir Yakunin, Youth Time patron, founding president of the Russian "Dialogue of Civilizations" and confidant of President Putin.
Why is Mr Yakunin so keen on gathering committed and  interested young people together in the way that he does through Youth Time?
Is this more than soft diplomacy?

No comments: